Forensic Analyst - Fraud Data Analyst
Spring, TX | Permanent
Global Company located in Spring, Texas is seeking an oil and gas industry Finance or Accounting professional that is a specialist as a Forensic Analyst – Fraud Data Analyst with experience in forensic accounting, accounting controls, and fraud investigations to fill a data analytics role with the Company’s Upstream Controllers organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- Masters or MBA degree in Finance or Accounting
Certifications and/or Relevant Experience:
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – Required
- 3-10 years of experience
- CPA/CIA experience
- Fraud and Internal Audit experience
- Public Accounting experience
- Forensic Accounting experience
- Experience with global, multinational company preferably in energy
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong IT skill set with Power User experience with SAP (Purchase to Pay (P2P), MM or PM modules) and data analytical tools such as SQL (scripts, putting data in database, etc.)
- Prior experience in forensic accounting, accounting controls, and fraud investigations with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in audit, forensic accounting, fraud investigations, and accounting controls in the oil & gas industry
Required Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
Responsibilities - Depending on the specific role, resources could be involved in any of the following activities:
- Provide expertise on the use of data analytics technologies and application of forensic accounting techniques
- Develop tests to identify potential fraud across global Upstream operational and financial transactions
- Analyze relationships between complex and diverse global Upstream operational and financial transactions
- Proactively and creatively identify new and innovative ways to approach business controls monitoring
- Monitor processing streams to ensure the reliability of business controls using big data analytics
- Drive business control process transformation through application of analytical capability
- Develop, test, and implement related IT solutions and analytical tools, including leading indicators
- Communicate, coordinate and present to varying levels of management across multiple stakeholders
- Participate in internal assessments and special reviews
Candidate will work through these activities and participate in business decisions, improve processes, and work closely with both financial, IT and business line management. Demonstrated performance may lead to increasing responsibility and opportunities across the financial organizations with various business lines (Upstream, Downstream, & Chemical.) The career path for candidates exhibiting exceptional performance may lead to significant responsibility.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right work in the United States.
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa sponsorship.
This company offers a competitive salary and full benefits.
Company will provide relocation assistance.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.