End User Computing Depot Technician
Houston, TX | Contract-to-Hire
Financial Services Company in Southwest Houston is searching for a Computer Technician with the following experience:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with PC and laptops, LAN network connectivity, printers, and peripherals.
- This position will be responsible for the building, configuring, maintaining and updating of the end user systems, and will involve light system administration level tasks regarding active directory in a corporate enterprise environment.
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree and/or related certification and 2 or more years of related experience in a Desktop Support environment
- A+, MCP, ITIL, Network+
- Prior knowledge of Exchange, Outlook, Virus protection, LAN/WAN and TCP/IP and related software.
- Familiarity with system management tools, such as KACE
- Must have minimum of 2 years of related experience in corporate computing environment
- Experience providing hands on and remote customer service and support for client.
- Provide software support from installing basic hardware/software and networking components to meet user needs.
- Manage, resolve and update tickets and escalate as needed.
- Conduct diagnostic reviews and produce error reports in order to identify and correct any problems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot basic software problems, install updates and upgrades in order to maintain proper functioning.
- May have to move various PCs and other PC related equipment as needed for user relocation or new office setup.
- Documentation of systems processes and procedures.
- Coordinate IT purchasing responsibilities – which will include working with vendors, end users and management staff concerning procuring, tracking, documenting and deploying hardware and software.
- Basic PC Computing training for end users
- Able to explain technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Light Active Directory and Exchange tasks: User object and mailbox creation.
- Manage distribution groups, file and folder permissions within an AD environment
- PC Software malware remediation and cleanup
- Use variety of diagnostic programs and tools to resolve computer problems
- Systematic Critical thinking skills and creativity a must
- Basic TCP/IP Networking concepts. Good fundamental understanding of IP Networking and troubleshooting
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Printer procurement, deployment and regular maintenance.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and strong verbal / written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both novice computer users and experienced professionals
- Must effectively manage time to make certain customer incidents are properly responded to in a timely manner
- Desktop imaging experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office 2010-2016 application support
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the United States
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa Sponsorship
- Unable to work with third-party vendors on C2C
- Unable to provide relocation assistance
- Houston candidates preferred
This is a 6-month contract-to-hire position.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format along with your salary and W2 hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org