Houston, TX | Contract-to-Hire
Nationwide Company with corporate office located in West Houston is searching for several DevOps Coaches to help build Agile teams in their software development and IT operations teams. Candidates will be responsible for helping individuals and teams adopt DevOps practices and mindsets through training and coaching, establishing and maintaining norms, and helping teams to apply DevOps practices in a consistent manner.
- BS degree in computer science or similar degree (software engineering, information systems / technology)
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working in an agile environment preferably in a development or IT operations role
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in coaching multiple teams
- Experience with DevOps tools across development lifecycle (GitHub, GoCD, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, Docker, and Splunk.)
- Experience in operational areas such as change & release management, networking, security, and hosting.
- Ability to engage relevant stakeholders across functions to mitigate team impediments.
- Strong communication skills with ability to process and explain complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions.
- Collaborative, efficient and innovative.
- Go-to expert on DevOps methods and challenges team members to use a disciplined approach for developing operational capabilities
- Coaches organization through change, helping identify and attack organizational impediments which limits team productivity and quality
- Advises on build and deployment processes to ensure best practices
- Educates the team on the best use of DevOps tools
- Helps platform teams drive towards platform automation
- Fosters teamwork and adherence to norms
- Engages in one-on-one coaching as needed, especially with team members who are new to DevOps thinking
- Gauges team DevOps maturity and provides feedback on progress
- Anticipates and identifies issues, and provides recommendations to address roadblocks and areas of opportunity
- Participates in or leads complex problem solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions, and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes
- Coaches will be dedicated to specific agile teams over the course of the transformation (18 months.)
- Coaches will need to dedicate 40+ hours a week to this role.
- Coaches will launch more than one agile team and could play a role in monitoring past teams that have been launched.
- Candidate must have the proof of the right work in the United States.
- Unable to provide H1-B Visa sponsorship.
- Unable to work C2C or 1099 with Consulting Companies or RPOs
- Unable to provide relocation assistance.
- Local candidates preferred
This is a 3 to 6 month Contract-to-Hire position. The W2 hourly rate will depend on experience (DOE.)
Please submit your W2 hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org.